WSMI would like to inform our patients that our centre is open to medical and surgical conditions. Our pharmacy and Apex department is open. We would like to advise patients that if you have a history of travelling to a country or countries where the virus is present or falls in any of the high-risk group below please feel free to contact the numbers posted by the Ministry of Health. The high-risk groups include:
- Over – 70s, regardless of any medical conditions
- Under- 70s who have an underlying health condition. These conditions include:
- Long-term respiratory or lung diseases (e.g. asthma)
- Long-term heart disease
- Long-term kidney disease
- Long-term liver disease (e.g. hepatitis)
- Long-term neurological conditions (e.g. cerebral palsy)
- Problems with their spleen (e.g. sickle cell anaemia)
- A weakening immune system, either as a result of a medical condition like HIV or AIDS or as a result of medications like chemotherapy
- People with complex health problems – this group includes people who:
- Have had an organ transplant and take medication to suppress their immune system
- Have cancer and are currently having active chemotherapy or radiology treatment.
- Have blood or bone marrow cancer (like leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma) and are at any stage of treatment.
- Have serious respiratory/lung conditions like cystic fibrosis or severe asthma that requires admission to hospital or treatment with corticosteroids.
- Have severe diseases of the body systems, like severe kidney disease that is managed with regular dialysis.
However, if there is any doubt, our numbers are available for medical advice 876-929-8512 | 876-929-3486. WSMI recommends that all Jamaican should follow the instructions of the Government and Ministry of Health and listen to the updates of the pandemic both locally and internationally. We also advise the public to maintain social distancing, frequent hand washing and wearing a mask as advice.